MARLON Agyakwa scored his third late goal in two matches to snatch victory for Canvey Island from under the noses of Enfield Town.

The Gulls started the match slowly and the first real chance of the match saw the visitors take the lead.

Rob Bartley conceded a freekick just outside the penalty area with the following kick adjudged to have struck Charlie Barlow on the arm. The referee pointed to the spot and Liam Hope slotted home.

Jay Curran had a chance to equalize but it wasn’t until the second half that the pressure told. It was substitute John Sands who drew them level, curling home with his weaker left foot after good wing play from Victor Osobu.

But then came Agyakwa’s heroics. Curran played the ball onto the youngster and he bent the ball into the net from the edge of the box.

East Thurrock United came from behind to grab a point at home against Hendon, thanks to a scrappy equaliser from Sam Lechmere.

Rocks won this fixture 6-1 last year, but Hendon proved a much stronger obstacle to overcome this time around, although the hosts could have been ahead after 60 seconds.

Reece Harris sent in a cross but Lechmere’s header was off target. Emmanuel Osei had a chance to open his account for his new club but scuffed his effort when well placed.

Lechmere was in the thick of the action but he was the hero at the other end this time, clearing a header off the line but the visitors were ahead shortly after.

Kezie Ibe tapped into an open goal after a looped and deflected cross from Andre DaCosta to give Hendon a first half lead.

But Lechmere leveled after good work from Lewis Smith to maintain Rocks unbeaten home record.

Rocks opponents today are Billericay Town and they will have to pick themselves up quickly after a 5-1 thrashing at big-spending Margate.

Craig Edwards’ side got off to the worst possible start and found themselves three down inside 20 minutes. Goals from Zac Attwood and braces from Ryan Moss and skipper Charlie Allen put Town to the sword with a close range finish from captain Rich Halle the only bright spot.

Great Wakering Rovers were once again beaten and it looked set to be another tricky afternoon when they found themselves 2-0 down after six minutes. A James Smith double had put Harlow in control but goals from Stuart Hapburn and Tony Jacobs brought Dan Trenkel’s team level at the break.

Unfortunately Rovers couldn’t build on that comeback and two goals after the break from Jared Small and Alex Read sent the north Essex side home happy.

Tomorrow's matches: Hemel Hempstead Town v Concord Rangers, Bury Town v Canvey Island, Billericay Town v East Thurrock United, Romford v Great Wakering Rovers