A FAMILY was left homeless after a bungalow fire.

The fire broke out in Gordon Road, Horndon-on-the-Hill at about 2pm this afternoon.

Fire crews from Orsett, Grays, Basildon and Corringham attended. 

Crews were called to a bungalow after a workperson reported that there was a fire within the roof space.

Watch Manager Geoff Wheal, Corringham Fire Station said: ”Crew worked incredibly quickly to bring the fire under control and stop it spreading to neighbouring properties.

“Unfortunately the bungalow has suffered severe fire and water damage which has resulted in the occupants being rendered homeless.

“Thankfully no one was injured during the incident.”

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.