CONCORD Rangers extended their fine run of form in the National League South as they swept Hampton & Richmond Borough aside.

Meanwhile, Billericay Town booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Essex Senior Cup, but Hullbridge Sports and Great Wakering Rovers were knocked out of the competition.

Bowers & Pitsea suffered penalty shoot-out heartache as they went out of the Isthmian League Cup.

Concord Rangers 4-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough

Concord Rangers moved up to fourth place and are now just three points off the National League South summit after enjoying a convincing win over Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Liam Nash continued his impressive loan spell from Gillingham by grabbing a brace of goals, while Sam Blackman and Jack Midson were also on target at the Aspect Arena.

Alex Wall headed wide as the Beach Boys made a lively start.

And Concord did not have to wait long to break the deadlock as Blackman curled home.

Nash then doubled the hosts’ advantage from the penalty spot soon after.

Hampton looked to get back into the game and struck the post before Tosan Popo cleared off the line.

But the three points were all but secured before half-time as Midson, who was restored to the starting line-up, fired home.

Connor Essam and Wall went close to getting their names on the scoresheet after the interval.

Danny Green also fired wide before Nash completed the scoring and his brace in the dying moments.

Saffron Walden Town 1-8 Billericay Town

Billericay Town were rampant as they made the last eight of the Essex Senior Cup at the expense of Essex Senior League high-flyers Saffron Walden Town.

Devonte Aransibia grabbed a hat-trick, while Adam Coombes registered a brace of goals and Paul Rooney, Sam Deering and Adam Cunnington were also on the scoresheet.

Marcus Crowther hit a consolation for Saffron Walden.

Coombes opened the floodgates after just 14 minutes, while the striker sent the goalkeeper the wrong way from the penalty spot nine minutes later.

Aransibia scored his first goal of the night just before the half hour mark, while Rooney notched Billericay’s fourth goal on the stroke of half-time.

Aransibia’s shot trickled home five minutes after the interval, but Crowther was on target for the hosts just before the hour mark.

Deering found the corner of the net via the post as the Billericay skipper added his name to the scoresheet, while Aransibia completed his hat-trick five minutes before full-time with a fine curling strike.

Cunnington completed the scoring by smashing home after Coombes had been denied late on.

Hullbridge Sports 1-2 Coggeshall Town

Hullbridge Sports missed out on a place in the quarter-finals of the Essex Senior Cup as Isthmian North side Coggeshall Town staged a fightback at the Ryan’s Heating Stadium.

Perry Dunn put the hosts in front, but goals from Nwamb Nwachulu and Correy Davidson allowed Coggeshall to advance at Sports’ expense.

Jimmy Cox was denied by Coggeshall goalkeeper Danny Sambridge as the Essex Senior League side got off to a fine start.

A rush of blood from Sambridge nearly allowed Hullbridge to take the lead as he sprinted 40 yards from his goal and got nowhere near the ball, allowing Michael Salako to get beyond him. Salako’s cross found Nathan Scarborough, but the frontman’s effort was blocked as Sports could not capitalise on Sambridge’s error.

However, Hullbridge took the lead two minutes after the break as Dunn fired home after Cox had been found by Matt Tapley’s free-kick.

But two goals in the space of two minutes allowed Coggeshall to turn the game on its head.

Nwachulu bundled the ball over the line after a Town corner, while ex-Bowers & Pitsea winger Davidson hit the winner after 66 minutes.

AFC Hornchurch 3-0 Great Wakering Rovers

Great Wakering Rovers finished their Essex Senior Cup fourth round tie with nine men as AFC Hornchurch registered a convincing win.

Jason Ring was shown a straight red card with just 23 minutes on the clock.

And the Urchins capitalised as Nana Boakye-Yiadom, who was with Concord Rangers during the summer, hit the opener nine minutes before the break.

Hornchurch were to double their advantage four minutes later thanks to Lewwis Spence finding the back of the net.

Ollie Woodhouse was shown a second yellow card with 15 minutes to play and the home side completed the scoring three minutes later through George Purcell.

Bowers & Pitsea 3-3 Wingate & Finchley (Wingate & Finchley win 5-4 on penalties)

Bowers & Pitsea missed out on a place in the third round of the Isthmian League Cup as penalties proved to be their downfall.

Goals from Callum Leahy and Luke Hirst, along with an own goal, allowed Bowers to take the tie to penalties at the Len Salmon Stadium.

But Ryan Sammons’ penalty miss proved costly as Wingate & Finchley went through.

Tim Monsheju put Wingate in front just before the half hour mark after Bowers goalkeeper Andy Wilton had denied Isaac Ebelebe.

However, Leahy levelled matters fine minutes after the break by heading a Tom Stephen corner home.

But David Manu restored Wingate’s lead by poking beyond Wilton after holding off Stephen.

Manu completed his brace to seemingly put the game out of sight 10 minutes before time.

But David Knight came off the bench and his free-kick was diverted into his own net by a Wingate defender with four minutes to go.

Bowers pushed for a leveller and it came in the first minute of injury time as Hirst fired home.

However, Bowers were knocked out of the competition on penalties.