CONCORD Rangers boss Sammy Moore was disappointed to see his side concede a late equaliser for the second home match in succession.

Tom Derry, who played for Moore at Leatherhead last season, scored six minutes from time to cancel out Sam Blackman’s first half header and allow East Thurrock United to claim a 1-1 draw.

And, having also been pegged back against Chippenham Town last time out at the Aspect Arena, Moore wants his side to be more clinical in front of goal.

“I don’t think we deserved to win all three points when you look at it over the course of the whole game,” admitted the Beach Boys’ player-manager.

“We created a lot of chances in the first half and I think we had eight shots on goal, so we perhaps should have been more clinical and scored three or four.

“But if you don’t take your chances then you always give your opponent an opportunity to get back in the game and they were better than us in the second half.

“I think Saturday’s game at Welling took a lot out of us and we looked leggy.

“We looked tired and I think the games have caught up with us over the Christmas period.

“But we are seven games unbeaten and sitting third in the league so I’m still pleased.”

The hosts took a 17th minute lead as Blackman flicked Danny Green’s dangerous free-kick into the bottom corner of the net, giving East Thurrock goalkeeper Jack Giddens no chance.

The goal allowed Blackman to continue his rich vein of form in front of goal, with the central midfielder notching his fourth goal in six appearances.

Although East Thurrock find themselves in the National League South relegation zone, they created numerous chances for themselves and Shaun Batt sent a curling effort crashing against the crossbar close to the half hour mark.

Liam Nash, who has impressed while on loan from League One side Gillingham, missed the target twice in quick succession before Tosan Popo sent a thunderous volley just over the crossbar as Concord ended the first half on top.

Beach Boys player-assistant manager Jack Midson could not take advantage of Jon Nzengo being unable to clear the danger soon after the interval, while East Thurrock’s Reece Prestedge danced around a number of the hosts’ defenders before misfiring.

Ryan Scott was frustrated by a superb block as Rocks continued to put the Concord rearguard under pressure, but Blackman could have doubled his tally after being found inside the six-yard box by Nash.

However, the central midfielder was unable to bundle the ball home and the miss proved costly.

With just six minutes remaining, Derry fired home from close range following a goalmouth scramble.

Rocks pushed for a late winner against their high-flying rivals, but it was to end honours even at the Aspect Arena.