BILLERICAY Town manager Harry Wheeler heaped praise on his team following their 3-2 win against Truro City at the AGP Arena.

The victory made it three National League South successes in a row for Town, who sit fifth in the standings.

And Wheeler was particularly pleased with how Billericay started the game.

“It was a really good performance,” said Wheeler.

“The first half hour was probably our best so far and we played with a good tempo.

“We had a dip for five or 10 minutes in the second half and five minutes at the end of the first half but our reaction was excellent after that.”

However, Wheeler is still keen for Billericay to learn lessons from the game and improve moving forward.

“In the second half we didn’t start great, they put us under pressure and we paid for it in the end,” said Wheeler.

“It disappointing to concede from a set piece and we need to work on that.

“It didn’t cost us here but it could do in the future so we’ve spoken about that and it’s something we will need to put right.

“But we picked it up again and in the end we were in control.

“We saw it out excellently and I’m pleased.”

Billericay went ahead after just four minutes when Moses Emmanuel fired past Truro goalkeeper Harvey Rivers after being teed up by Adam Coombes.

Truro came close to equalising when Connor Riley-Lowe’s cross was headed wide by Tyler Harvey.

But, after surviving the scare, Billericay doubled their lead in the 25th minute when Emmanuel bagged his second goal of the game, firing home from close range after Coombes’ miscued shot had rolled into his path.

But Truro, who are 18th in the table, got a goal back 10 minutes later when Riley-Lowe’s free-kick was spilled by Billericay goalkeeper Alan Julian and Nick Grimes was on hand to bundle home the rebound.

Truro also started the second half brightly and equalised in the 50th minute when Grimes scored his second goal of the game, heading home Michael Herve’s far post corner.

However, Billericay reacted strongly and bagged what proved to be the winning goal in the 71st minute when Sam Deering half volleyed home Coombes’ cross.

It was a less memorable day for East Thurrock United who lost 3-0 at second placed Woking.

Rocks are now 20th in the table, three points below Hungerford who sit just above the relegation zone. Concord’s scheduled clash at Gloucester City was postponed.