BRETT Munyard was full of pride as White Ensign registered a 1-1 draw with Woodford Town on their FA Cup debut.

Connor Barnby became the first ever player to score for the Eastern Counties League Division One South side in the historic competition.

And Munyard was pleased with how his side performed in the extra preliminary round tie.

The White Ensign player-manager said: “I have mixed emotions about the game but I’m extremely proud of the entire club and especially the team.

“We played very well and handled the occasion brilliantly.

“It was the proudest night I’ve had since being at White Ensign and something I will never forget.”

However, White Ensign also struck the woodwork on numerous occasions as they pushed for an infamous win over their Essex Senior League hosts.

And Munyard hopes White Ensign have not missed their opportunity to advance to the preliminary round of the FA Cup.

“There is a bit of regret,” added Munyard.

“We dominated the game, hit the post five times, had several opportunities and should of won.

“We conceded a really sloppy goal, which was really disappointing.

“However, we scored a great goal and Connor Barnby has a memory to take with him for the rest of his life.

“My two central defenders, Andy George and Elliot Vile, were incredible all night.

“In fact, there wasn’t a single player who didn’t have a great game.

“Overall, the club can be extremely proud of what the team produced and so am I.”

Southend Manor will also be involved in an extra preliminary round replay on Wednesday as they were held to a goalless draw by Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side Long Melford.

Adam Peek’s side created the better chances at Southchurch Park, but Long Melford goalkeeper Ben Devlin pulled off three impressive saves to keep the Essex Senior League outfit at bay.

Meanwhile, Hullbridge Sports are out of the competition after suffering a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Stanway Rovers.

Stanway took a 16th minute lead as Jordon Blackwell slotted the ball past Sports goalkeeper Rob Budd, who was making his competitive debut for the club.

Tom Holdstock doubled Stanway’s lead at the Ryan’s Heating Stadium seven minutes after the interval.

Although substitute Tim Monsheju pulled a goal back from the penalty spot after Luke Hornsley had been fouled, Sports could not find a late leveller.