CONCORD Rangers’ three-match unbeaten run came to an end as they suffered a 2-0 defeat to Dartford.

Goals from Charlie Sheringham and Alex Flisher ensured the visitors would come out on top at the Aspect Arena.

And a disappointing first half performance from the Beach Boys proved decisive in the National League South encounter.

The visitors took a fourth minute lead after netting with the first meaningful attack of the clash.

Former Beach Boy Ryan Hayes beat Joe Claridge before cutting inside and stinging the palms of Chris Haigh.

But Haigh’s save fell kindly for Sheringham, who tapped home from close range.

Sheringham went in search of a quickfire second goal but, after a neat turn, Tosin Olufemi’s block took the sting out of the shot and Haigh was able to comfortably gather the attempt.

Concord responded with Joel Nouble breaking away from Rob Howard before firing wide of the target.

Claridge then curled high and wide after his initial inswinging free-kick was cleared back out to him.

However, the Darts doubled their advantage with 25 minutes on the clock.

Decarrey Sheriff was dispossessed inside his own half and Flisher broke into the penalty area before drilling into the far corner of the net.

Hayes then forced Haigh into another fine save as Dartford looked to put the game out of sight.

Dartford thought they had extended their lead from the resulting corner when, following some penalty area pinball, Jordan Wynter blasted goalwards.

Haigh managed to get a touch on the shot before clawing the ball out from behind him. Although Dartford were adamant that the ball had crossed the line, the officials adjudged Haigh to have made the stop in time.

Concord’s best attack of the first half came nine minutes before the break.

Haigh’s long kick forward found Sheriff, who took on Flisher and pulled the ball back to Olufemi.

The Beach Boys’ captain then picked out Al-Hafeez Sanusi but his strike, on the turn, strayed wide.

Marcel Barrington saw an attempt blocked by Ronnie Vint after originally breaking clear of the Dartford defence as the home side looked to halve the deficit early in the second period.

Concord thought they had reduced the arrears when, on the hour mark, Barrington evaded three Dartford defenders before striking goalwards.

Although goalkeeper Mark Smith – formerly of Billericay Town – made the save, Sheriff was able to tap home the rebound.

However, the Beach Boys were left frustrated as Sheriff was adjudged to have been in an offside position and the goal was ruled out.

Substitute Danny Green curled a 20-yard free-kick inches past the post as Concord continued to pile on the pressure.

Dartford responded with Ben Greenhalgh – formerly of Concord – seeing an effort deflect inches wide.

Norman Wabo, who came through the ranks at Southend United, then forced Haigh into a save after getting the better of Aron Pollock.

However, Dartford had already done the damage and returned to Kent with all three points.