CANVEY Island, Great Wakering Rovers and Southend Manor secured impressive wins, while Basildon United, Bowers & Pitsea and East Thurrock United were involved in stalemates and Billericay Town suffered a late defeat today.

Mark Bentley’s Canvey clinched a narrow 1-0 victory at Isthmian North high-flyers Bury Town.

Sam Bantick scored what proved to be the only goal of the contest as the Gulls bounced back from two consecutive defeats.

Also in the Isthmian North, Wakering recorded a fine 4-1 triumph at Dereham Town.

Although Toby Hilliard cancelled out Martin Tuohy’s opener for Steve Butterworth’s side, further goals from Billy Johnson, Jake Gordon and Jack Stevenson ensured the visitors came out on top.

Southend Manor were 2-1 winners against St Margaretsbury in the Essex Senior League.

Meanwhile, Basildon came from behind to claim a share of the spoils in a 3-3 draw with Histon.

Although Adam Vyse got the Bees back on level terms after Danny Gould had put Histon ahead, the hosts restored their slender advantage 60 seconds later through Lee Smith.

Ed Rolph put daylight between the two sides, but Basildon did not give up and Jimmy Cox’s effort was followed up by Vyse completing his brace.

The Bees finished the Isthmian North encounter with 10 men as Tom Anderson saw red.

In the Isthmian Premier League, Bowers were made to settle for a 2-2 draw at Bishop’s Stortford despite taking the lead twice.

Brad Warner broke the deadlock moments before the interval, but the vastly experienced Jamie Cureton levelled matters for the home side.

Although Max Cornhill put Bowers back in front, Cureton ensured Bishop’s Stortford would snatch a point by converting five minutes before the final whistle.

East Thurrock were involved in a goalless Isthmian Premier League draw with high-flyers Worthing.

In the National League South, Billericay suffered a late 2-1 defeat to Bath City.

Dejon Noel-Williams marked his Town debut by breaking the deadlock.

But Bath quickly drew level through Frankie Artus and the home side scored a 90th minute winner as Ross Stearn fired home from the edge of the penalty area.