JAMIE O’Hara admitted to being ‘absolutely gutted’ after Billericay Town suffered a last-gasp 2-1 defeat at Bath City.

Dejon Noel-Williams marked his Town debut by breaking the deadlock, but Bath quickly drew level through Frankie Artus and the home side scored a 90th minute winner as Ross Stearn fired home from the edge of the penalty area.

And O’Hara was devastated after not returning to south Essex with a share of the spoils.

“I’m absolutely gutted because I thought we were brilliant for 90 minutes,” said Billericay player-manager O’Hara, whose side are just two points above second-from-bottom St Albans City in the National League South standings.

“The game always lasts up to 95 minutes and we let ourselves down right at the death.

“I couldn’t fault anyone’s effort away from home against a team who are in good form.

“We did really well, battled, tried to play and create chances but we conceded in the last moment after looking comfortable.

“Both teams would have thought a point apiece would have been fair, but I’m really disappointed with the two phases before the winning goal.

“It’s one of those defeats that hurt.

“We’re in a difficult moment away from home and it’s tough to take.”

O’Hara handed debuts to Noel-Williams, Watford loanee Harry Hudson and Polish striker Brian Galach, who has made the temporary move from Crawley Town.

And O’Hara was pleased with how the latest recruits performed.

“We need bodies so it was nice to bring some fresh legs in,” added O’Hara.

“I like to change the team and keep it fresh.

“I thought the boys who came in did well and everyone put a shift in.

“We’ve got a lot of games, so we have got to use our whole squad.

“We have got a good set of boys and they were absolutely gutted after the game.”

Noel-Williams headed Billericay in front but, just six minutes later, Artus levelled matters.

It looked as though the points would be shared at Twerton Park, but Stearn netted as the encounter ticked into injury time to break Town hearts.