BILLERICAY Town are facing competition from a host of clubs as they bid to extend Ody Alfa’s loan deal.

Town’s agreement with Queens Park Rangers for the services of the exciting winger ran out after the 2-2 draw with Slough Town today.

Although player-manager Jamie O’Hara is eager to keep Alfa - who got his name on the scoresheet along with captain Ronnie Henry and came within a whisker of notching a last-gasp winner - at New Lodge, he concedes other sides are also interested in the youngster.

“Ody was brilliant again and it was his last game,” said O’Hara.

“I was speaking to Chris (Ramsey, technical director), from QPR, after the game and hopefully we can try to keep him.

“But there are teams looking at him.

“He is a fantastic player with a great attitude and he has been absolutely brilliant for us.

“I thought he was going to nick the win for us at the end and he could walk off the pitch saying ‘thanks, see you later’.

“But I’ve said he has got to stay with us now because he has got to do that.”

Billericay came from behind twice to seal a share of the spoils against high-flyers Slough.

As a result, O’Hara’s side were able to keep their unbeaten National League South record at New Lodge intact.

Although Matt Lench gave Slough a 14th minute lead, Billericay were back on level terms before the break thanks to Alfa’s deflected strike.

Henry and Jack Paxman missed presentable opportunities after the break and Slough profited as George Wells restored the visitors’ slender advantage.

It looked as though Billericay were going to be beaten, but Henry snatched a share of the spoils with a leveller in the second minute of injury time.

And O’Hara felt his side deserved to triumph.

“I thought it was two points dropped,” added O’Hara.

“We got back into the game and weren’t good enough in the first half.

“Slough were the better side and we weren’t at the races after a great result against Wealdstone where we put everything into it.

“It was always going to be difficult to lift the players and go again, but the lads were just half-a-yard off it in the first half.

“I got into them at half-time, where it was 1-1, and I thought they were there for the taking in the second half.

“We had them camped in their own half and had five chances to put them to bed.

“After not taking those chances, they hit us with the sucker-punch to go 2-1 up.

“They had one shot in the second half and scored.

“We showed great character to get back into it. We kept going, kept the ball alive and a few weeks ago we probably would have lost that game.

“The character shown to keep believing was great.”