DANNY Scopes was left ‘gutted’ after Concord Rangers were made to settle for a 1-1 FA Trophy second round draw with Bath City.

The Beach Boys were looking to reach the third round of the competition for the first time in the club’s history and although Aron Pollock put Scopes’ side ahead, Tom Smith found an immediate equaliser.

Concord will head to Twerton Park for the replay on Tuesday but Scopes felt the hosts deserved to triumph against their National League South rivals at the Aspect Arena.

“I’m gutted for the boys after not winning the game,” said the Beach Boys’ chief.

“I thought it was an excellent display which had all the traits of a real Concord performance, especially at home.

“Our quality on the ball, decision making, energy and desire was excellent.

“That is a team I am proud to coach, manage and have out there.

“We have got a lot of young lads and players who are new to this level playing against a big club like Bath.

“Taking it to them for 90 minutes like we did was really pleasing.

“The question is whether we can do that again and I’ll back the boys that they can.

“We will give it the best shot we can in the replay at their place and we’ll try to put on another brave performance.”

Nouble passed up the opportunity to give Concord a third minute lead as his penalty was tipped onto the post by Ryan Clarke after the goalkeeper had brought down Kreshnic Krasniqi.

However, Nouble provided the opener as his cross was nodded home by Pollock.

Bath drew level within seconds of the restart as Smith, who had struck the post in the first half, fired into the back of the net.

Scopes was left furious after Concord were not awarded a second penalty of the afternoon in injury time.

And Scopes was critical of the referee who replaced Tom Reeves as the man in the middle due to an injury shortly before the break.

“The shot was going into the goal and the referee has got to see it’s handball,” added Scopes.

“I thought the guy who took over as referee was weak with his decision making and he probably didn’t make any good decisions.

“He looked at every other official to make the decisions for him but that’s not how you referee a football match.

“Their boy openly said to our boys that it hit him on both hands, so the referee has missed one.

“It’s disappointing for the boys because that would have been a penalty.

“The prize on offer is massive and a missed decision like that is the difference between a small club like us getting more funds.”