GREAT Wakering Rovers and Southend Manor returned to winning ways, while Concord Rangers and Bowers & Pitsea drew.

However, East Thurrock United were condemned to a defeat.

Steve Butterworth’s Wakering sealed a 1-0 Isthmian North victory at Witham Town.

Wakering went into the clash having suffered a defeat to Histon seven days earlier.

But Jake Gordon grabbed what proved to be the all-important winner seven minutes after the interval.

Ollie Woodhouse, as a result, was able to end his Wakering career with three points and a clean sheet.

Southend Manor registered a 1-0 win over Hoddesdon Town to move further clear of the Essex Senior League drop zone.

Grant Frances broke into the penalty area before finding Ruben Kennedy, who smashed into the back of the net.

In the National League South, Concord were involved in a goalless stalemate with Havant & Waterlooville.

However, the Beach Boys felt aggrieved when they were not awarded a first half spot-kick.

Nathan Carlyle’s attempted cross struck a Havant defender’s hand and, although the offence took place inside the penalty area, the referee awarded a free-kick which came to nothing.

Concord went close to breaking the deadlock early in the second period, with Lamar Reynolds forcing Havant goalkeeper Ross Worner into a fine save before Kit Elliott nodded a James Blanchfield cross inches wide.

Neither side could make the breakthrough and it ended honours even at the Aspect Arena.

Bowers also claimed a share of the spoils as they drew 1-1 at Haringey Borough.

Jamie Dicks fired wide after being found by a dangerous Quentin Monville cross at Coles Park.

Brad Warner also missed the target moments before the interval.

But Bowers went ahead just two minutes after the break as Danny Norton grabbed his first goal for the club.

Lewis Manor worked the ball out wide to Monville, whose cross was headed home by former Basildon United midfielder Norton.

Haringey goalkeeper Jonathon Miles prevented Bowers doubling their advantage with two fine saves.

Monville was denied by the custodian before Manor was kept at bay following a fine Norton break.

The saves proved crucial as Haringey drew level with just two minutes remaining.

Bowers failed to deal with a pass across the face of goal and Callum Leahy inadvertently put through his own net.

There was no time for Bowers to restore their lead and Rob Small’s side were made to settle for a point.

Also in the Isthmian Premier League, East Thurrock lost 3-1 to high-flyers Folkestone Invicta.

Folkestone broke the deadlock three minutes before the break thanks to Ira Jackson finding the back of the net.

Scott Heard added his name to the scoresheet four minutes after the resumption and the game was put beyond Rocks when Jerson dos Santos netted.

Frankie Merrifield’s 82nd minute effort proved to be no more than a consolation for East Thurrock.